With Carles Gil set to sign a five-year-deal at Aston Villa in the near future, according to ITV Sport, we take a look at five facts about the attacking midfielder.
1) Gil currently plays for Valencia in La Liga. He has made 11 appearances for the Spanish club's first team since breaking through, scoring once.
2) The Spaniard spent the 2012-13 and the 2013-14 campaigns on loan at Elche, where he was a mainstay in their starting line-up.
3) Gil has earned international recognition for his talents, boasting one cap for his nation's Under-21 side. This appearance came against Austria and he claimed an assist in the fixture.
4) Gil may not know many of the Aston Villa squad when he joins up, but he will be familiar with Carlos Sanchez - who he played with during his time at Elche.
5) The 22-year-old has previously been linked with a move to Everton by the Mirror, but it seems that Villa have won the race for his signature.