A selection of the latest stories involving Liverpool Football Club this Friday morning.
Liverpool striker Rickie Lambert will be staying put despite interest from Crystal Palace according to the Liverpool Echo, with manager Brendan Rodgers keen to keep hold of the £4.5 million signing until the end of the season at least - with the striker always viewed as a 'plan B' among their forwards.
The same piece says that Fabio Borini is still reluctant to leave the club this January - and there have been no bids for the Italian forward so far, though he was expected to leave during this transfer window. Borini has made 12 appearances so far this season but yet to score.
Mario Balotelli's future at the club is uncertain but there have been no approaches for him despite reports in Italy according to the report, while the Reds are still hopeful of doing a deal to bring Divock Origi to Anfield half a season earlier than initially expected - and there have also been suggestions the Reds will try to bring in an experienced goalkeeper on a short-term basis.
Brendan Rodgers has told the Echo that Sturridge is not far off participating in full training, but they don't have a particular comeback game in mind for the forward who hasn't played for the Reds since August.
He said: “He’s not ready to start full training straightaway but he’s not far off.
“Now it’s just a case of finalising this last period of his rehab.
“There is no comeback game in mind at this stage. We will just see how he adapts when he’s back here."