Uncharted 4: A Thief's End will include mutliplayer, along with an AI companion accompanying Nathan Drake on his new adventure.
The news comes from the latest Game Informer magazine, and a NeoGAF thread has revealed some further details about the latest Uncharted title.
Drake's older brother, Sam, makes an appearance, after Drake thought he was long dead. Sam will be the AI companion in the game, and is described as similar to Ellie from The Last of Us, although he will be just as capable as Drake.
Drake takes up treasure hunting again with his brother and they head to Libertalia, "a mythic Madagascar colony purportedly founded by pirates." Other environments were also teased, such as snowy and urban locales.
Villains are said to play a bigger role this time around, with two rival hunters being introduce - Rafe and Nadine. Rafe has a different morale and approach to Drake, whilst Nadine owns a private military company in South Africa.
More details revealed from the Game Informer issue are below:
- Artifacts (collectibles) may contain notes poiting to more treasures/artifacts
- Enemies can grab your leg if you try to push them over ledges
- Focusing on navigational freedom for this entry
- All paths have consequences, there's no "Golden path"
- Still plenty of humour in the game
- Cut-scenes are now all real-time
- "there are some nice cooperative moments between Nate and his brother."
- Large puzzle rooms from Uncharted 3 will be included
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End is due for release this year on PlayStation 4.