1. The 16-year-old is the latest young talent to come onto the books of Saint-Etienne – the same French club that Chelsea captured Kurt Zouma from for £12 million back in January 2014.
It is thought that the presence of the 20-year-old at the Stamford Bridge club may be a decisive factor in helping Souici to choose the Pensioners over fellow interested parties like Liverpool, Manchester City and most notably Arsenal, who had been the early frontrunners.
2. Souici may be hot property in the transfer market but he has yet to feature for the Saint-Etienne first team, having so far appeared on the bench four times for Les Verts' second-string side without making an appearance.
3. The midfielder has impressed at Under-16 level for France, having featured six times for the Bleus youth side to date, scoring once.
4. A central midfielder by trade, Souici cites former Manchester United and current Juventus and France national team star Paul Pogba as a major influence on his play.
"I have a model that I admire every day, it's Paul Pogba," he said. "Before my matches, I watch videos of him, he really is an exceptional player."
5. He is set to sign a three-year deal with the Blues, having previously failed to agree terms with AS Monaco, who had been locked in talks with the youngster.
However it would appear that Souici is keen on a move to the Premier League, despite the Principality Club’s wealth of riches.