Considering his young age, little is known of Soldo, and so here are five facts to whet your appetite for the potential superstar.
1) 16-years-old, Soldo is a defender who has become a consistent performer for the youth teams of Dinamo, as well as the Croatian Under-17 side, with whom he has won five caps since making the step up from Under-16 level in September 2014.
2) At 184 cm, the youngster is tall for his age, but he does not get by at youth level due to his impressive physicality. Even though he has an impressive goalscoring ability with his head, he is well regarded for his timing of the challenge, and is said to be very tactically disciplined when it comes to holding a defensive shape.
3) Commonly featuring as a central defender, the left footed youngster has also taken up positions on the left of defence and in midfield in various youth sides, although it is believed that the central defensive position is the one he will occupy for the majority of his career.
4) Originally scouted by Spurs in the 2013 Nike Premier Cup, Soldo was a key part of the Under-15 side who overcame AC Milan in the final of the tournament 2-1, becoming the first Eastern European side to win the trophy since its inception in 1993, in the match that was the curtain-raiser to Rio Ferdinand’s testimonial at Old Trafford.
5) With a Dinamo contract that runs until 2016, the report indicates that Zagreb will hold out for a transfer fee of upwards of €1 million for Soldo, although it appears they are willing to lose their prize talent should the value be matched by any interested suitors.