Arsenal fans are desperate to see manager Arsene Wenger bring in a new central midfielder in January, with the likes of William Carvalho, Sami Khedira and Morgan Schneiderlin on their transfer wishlist.
Yet, that isn't usually how Wenger operates. He tends to side with bringing through young players and moulding them himself, and that could be the case again amid new transfer speculation.
According to the Daily Mirror, Arsenal are monitoring Nantes star Jordan Veretout, with a £4m bid in the pipeline - but what do Gunners fans need to know about him?
Here are five facts to help supporters get to know Veretout...
1. Veretout joined Nantes at the age of just 10, and has stayed with the club throughout his career, making his debut for the club in 2011 - when he was only 18.
2. In his first full season in the first team, Veretout managed to rack up six goals and seven assists from midfield; a hugely impressive total for a youngster.
3. Already this season, Veretout has grabbed six goals and four assists in just 16 games, further underlying his playmaking ability.
4. He's widely known as a midfielder with good technical skills such as passing and set piece taking, but he doesn't really fit the mould of a defensive midfielder, which Arsenal are looking for.
5. Veretout was part of the France Under-20 side which won the 2013 World Cup, where he played alongside the likes of Lucas Digne, Paul Pogba, Geoffrey Kondogbia and current Arsenal striker Yaya Sanogo.