Leeds sporting director Nicola Salerno has admitted his admiration for Matias Vecino.
Speaking to reporters this week he told Tuttomercatoweb: "Vecino will become a top player."
Here are five facts about the promising talent...
1) Vecino is an attacking midfielder who is contracted to Fiorentina until 2016.
2) He is on loan this season at fellow Serie A side Empoli where he wears the number 88 shirt, and has one goal and one assist so far.
3) The 23-year-old is a former Uruguayan under-20 international who scored four times in 14 games.
4) He has previously played on loan at Leeds owner Massimo Cellino's former side Cagliari, and does not require a work permit due to holding an Italian passport.
5) Vecino says his favourite ever player is French legend Zinedine Zidane.
The lowdown: Vecino is a highly rated talent but one who has not kicked on as Fiorentina may have hoped when they signed him 18 months ago. He is getting regular football at Empoli, but the path to the first team in Florence is more complicated.
Clearly a player admired by Leeds director Salerno, he is a player who could come onto their radar next summer when his loan at Empoli expires, and Fiorentina could cash in with only a year remaining on his deal.
By this point he could become an alternative to Adryan if Leeds' transfer for the Brazilian falls through, or even be bought to play alongside him or to ease the pressure on the fan favourite.
Watch him score an extraordinary goal below: