Tottenham Hotspur have been linked with a free-scoring attacking midfielder so what do their fans need to know about him?
Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly considering a move for Maccabi Tel Aviv’s attacking midfielder Eran Zahavi.
The 27-year-old Israel international has scored 77 club goals in his career, and he has been in blistering form for his current side.
The Daily Mirror claims that while Tottenham’s new head of recruitment Paul Mitchell has been scouting Andrej Kramaric, Zahavi is also a potential target. For those Spurs fans eager to know more about the player, here are five facts to get you started:
1) Zahavi was born in Israel in 1987. He began his youth career at Hapoel Tel Aviv in 1993 and made his debut for their first-team in 2006.
2) The reported Tottenham target scored 25 goals in 95 games for Hapoel while also providing eight assists in that time.
3) Zahavi moved to Italian side Palermo in 2011 but a long-term injury played its part in his failure to really impress there. He made a total of just 26 appearances for the club – scoring twice – before ultimately moving to Maccabi.
4) Since that move the player has not looked back, scoring a remarkable 51 goals in 74 appearances, including 13 in 14 appearances this season.
5) The midfielder made his senior debut for Israel in 2010 and he has 20 caps for his country and three goals to date.