Tottenham Hotspur have already agreed a fee with the Irish club for the youngster, but QPR have now entered the race and the Daily Mail list the Loftus Road club as favourites for his signature.
Despite the interest from some of England’s biggest clubs, little is known of Manning, so here are five facts to get you started.
1) A natural midfielder, Manning can also play as a number 10 and a striker, and Harry Redknapp is keen on the youngster coming in as striking cover for Charlie Austin.
2) Since making his debut in 2013, Manning has played 47 games and scored 12 goals for two different clubs. He started his career with Mervue United in the Irish First Division - netting nine times in 26 games - before making the switch to Galway, with whom he scored three times in 21 games in the 2014 season as the Tribesmen won promotion to the Premier Division.
3) His form for Galway saw the 18-year-old win his first call-up to the Republic of Ireland’s Under-19 side in September of this year, and he has since won three caps which have brought a return of one goal.
4) During his time with Mervue United, the young forward was linked with a switch to Everton, although no deal was concluded despite almost the Toffees scouting him for almost a year of Irish league action.
5) Manning’s contract is set to expire at the close of this year, although due to his age he would be unable to leave Ireland on a free transfer. However, any clubs interested would only have to pay a negligible compensation fee, rather than spend a large amount on the highly-rated forward.