Everton manager Roberto Martinez has confirmed that striker Conor McAleny will be involved in the Toffees Europa League match against FK Krasnodar on Thursday.
Everton will finish top of Group H so their manager will give some fringe players and those returning from injury a chance to impress; and for those fans wanting to know a little more about McAleny, here are five facts to get you started:
1) McAleny was born in Liverpool in 1992. He joined Everton when he was 11 and made his debut for the club’s youth team in 2007.
2) The centre-forward spent time at both Brentford and Scunthorpe United on loan, but rarely featured and failed to score in seven appearances. However he did provide two assists during his time at the latter.
3) McAleny has made 56 appearances for Everton’s under-21 side, scoring 23 goals and providing three assists in that time.
4) The player made his first-team debut for Everton in a Premier League match against Arsenal in 2011. He went on to make his second and final senior appearance to date in the next game at home to Norwich City.
5) The 22-year-old has a contract until the summer of 2017 and he could become the next young Everton player to break into their first-team.