1. The 16-year-old currently plays for Legia Warsaw – the same Polish side that Arsenal recruited goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny from when he was around the same age back in 2006.
2. A defensive midfielder by trade, the 6ft 2in youngster has already drawn comparisons with former Gunners great Patrick Vieira, with scouts convinced he has the potential to follow in the footsteps of the holding midfielder at the Emirates.
3. Bielik is contracted to Legia Warsaw until 2017 and has already broken into the Polish side’s first team despite his tender age. However, Arsenal could yet land him for a bargain £380,000 this January.
4. Bielik has so far managed just 154 minutes of playing time for Legia Warsaw, starting two games for the Ekstraklasa club with a further two appearances coming as a substitute.
5. Bielik was given his big break in the Legia first team by current manager Henning Berg, who was previously in charge at Blackburn Rovers for a short time. As a player, Berg won Premier League titles with Blackburn and later Manchester United during a star-studded career that also saw him win the Champions League with the Red Devils.