Leeds United sporting director Nicola Salerno says the club will add an experienced midfielder and a striker in January.
Leeds United slipped to a 4-1 defeat at Ipswich Town on Saturday, coming back down to earth after last weekend's superb 2-0 win over Derby County.
The attention will no doubt start turning towards the January transfer window, where Leeds could look to add a few new faces having stayed quiet in the loan window.
The departures of Scott Wootton, Nicky Ajose and Noel Hunt will have freed up some money for manager Neil Redfearn to spend, whilst Luke Murphy and David Norris are also expected to leave in the New Year.
Now though, sporting director Nicola Salerno has been speaking to Tutto Mercato Web, and has revealed that Leeds will look to strengthen two specific positions.
"Soon we will talk about it [January], but we have to try to work out what to do", Salerno told Tutto Mercato. "We can't do that much, but we will make targeted moves."
"We are lacking going forward. We will take a striker and also a midfielder with experience," he added.
Redfearn has so far utilised teenagers Lewis Cook and Alex Mowatt in central midfield, with Tommaso Bianchi protecting the back four. Rodolph Austin and Casper Sloth offer depth in the middle, but adding another holding midfielder appears to be a priority for Leeds and Salerno in January.
Meanwhile in attack, Mirco Antenucci and Souleymane Doukara have impressed, but Billy Sharp and Steve Morison have failed to make much of an impact this season, which means a new striker could certainly be on the agenda.
Recent speculation in Italy has linked Leeds with another move to sign Sassuolo's out of favour front man Leonardo Pavoletti, whose strength and aerial ability offer something that Leeds have missed since the departure of Matt Smith to Fulham on deadline day back in September.
Salerno's comments suggest that a deal for a striker could be in the pipeline, and Pavoletti looks certain to be their first choice amid recent speculaltion.