Alan Pardew has revealed the news Newcastle fans have long been waiting for...
Newcastle United have suffered from a series of unfortunate injuries so far this season.
But perhaps their biggest casualty has been Davide Santon, who is yet to come back from surgery over the summer.
His injury was not 'career threatening,' according to boss Alan Pardew, although the rehab has taken months.
Santon, however, will return for Newcastle at the start of January, the manager says, news that will no doubt please Magpies fans to no end.
“Davide hasn’t been forgotten by us, because we know we’ve got an outstanding talent there,” Pardew told reporters.
“He’s on the way back and has done some lengthy strides. By the start of January, I expect to see Davide in and around the team.
“I don’t think it was career threatening or anything like that but the rehab was always going to take a bit longer than we thought."
Newcastle host Chelsea at St James' Park later today in Saturday's early kick-off.