Another Arsenal youngster has joined first-team training so what do the fans need to know about him?
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is not averse to bringing young players into senior training sessions, and that habit continued this week when Ainsley Maitland-Niles ran out with the first-team squad.
Given the players currently ahead of him at the Emirates Stadium it could be some time before the teenager experiences first-team action but working with international stars is sure to aid his development.
For those Arsenal fans wanting to know more about the player here are five facts to get you started:
1) Maitland-Niles was born in August 1997. He broke into the under-18s in 2012 and has since been promoted to the under-21 side.
2) The 17-year-old is predominantly a right-winger although he can also operate on the opposite flank and as a right-sided midfielder if required.
3) This season he has played every minute of Arsenal’s UEFA Youth League campaign to date although he is yet to score a goal or provide an assist.
4) The teenager does however have two goals in eight Under-21 Premier League appearances this season.
5) Maitland-Niles has won three caps for England’s under-17s and two caps for England’s under-18s, scoring one goal for the latter age-group to date.