Chelsea were held to a 0-0 draw against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light on Saturday.
Chelsea failed to win for only the third time in the Premier League season as Sunderland held Jose Mourinho's men to a goalless draw at the Stadium of Light.
Here are the top five statistics from Saturday evening's encounter:
1) Nemanja Matic won possession in the middle third more times (14) versus Sunderland than any other player has in a Premier League match this season. The Serbian international claimed Saturday's man-of-the-match award having made six tackles, four interceptions and three clearances.
2) Chelsea's Cesc Fabregas recorded more touches of the ball (131) than any other player in this match, while he also played the most passes (112), completing an impressive 87.5% of his attempts to find a team-mate. The Spaniard created six chances in total; another match-best.
|Position||Touches||Total Passes||Key Passes|
3) Sunderland become the first team to prevent Chelsea from scoring in any competition this season. Jose Mourinho's side managed 24 attempts in total - compared to the home side's 12 - just six of which were on target. Sunderland blocked an impressive ten of these shots.
|Total Shots||Shot Accuracy (%)|
4) Only Arsenal's Calum Chambers and Sunderland's Lee Cattermole (six each) have picked up more yellow cards in the Premier League this season than Diego Costa (five). Could the Spaniard's temperament prove costly for the London outfit?
5) Following this bore draw, Chelsea have failed to score in a Premier League match away from Stamford Bridge for the first time since March 2014 against Crystal Palace.