Benjamin Stambouli produced an immaculate all round display in addition to his goal.
French midfielder Benjamin Stambouli put in a stunning display against Partizan Belgrade to show why he needs more opportunities.
He has not started a single Premier League game since signing in the summer, and has barely featured as a substitute.
Last night he made his case in impressive fashion, driving his point home with a matchwinning goal in the Europa League encounter.
The former Montpellier star racked up a series of impressive statistics, demonstrating his all round effect on the team.
- Stambouli made six interceptions, Dembele and Bentaleb made one between them.
- He made four tackles, more than anybody barring Erik Lamela with five.
- He created four goalscoring chances - nobody in the team made more.
- Stambouli made 86 passes, the highest in the Tottenham team.
- His 105 touches was also the most of anybody on the pitch.
- He managed three shots with two on target and one goal, bettering Soldado's three with just one on target and no goals.
It would have been a performance like this which he really required to ram his point home to head coach Mauricio Pochettino, and surely it's impossible for the Argentine to leave him out.
His energy was exactly what Tottenham have been missing of late, and can inspire them against Everton. It's just a mystery why he has been sitting on the sidelines so long...