Sergio Aguero scored a hat-trick to fire Manchester City to a 3-2 win over Bayern Munich in Group E of the Champions League.
The Argentine international opened the scoring from the penalty spot, before Bayern found a way back into the game and, going 2-1 up thanks to goals from Xabi Alonso and Robert Lewandowski.
However, a late double from City's prolific striker ensured three points and a life-line for the club in their hopes of securing progression to the Champions League knock-out phase.
Here are the top five statistics from Tuesday evening's encounter:
1) Sergio Aguero has been directly involved in 85.7% of Man City's 7 goals in the Champions League this season (5 goals & 1 assist). The Argentine centre-forward had just three shots yesterday, converting 100% of his attempts
|Sergio Agüero||Man City||3||3||100%|
2) Despite Manchester City's home advantage, Bayern accumulated the greatest share of possession (55%). The Bavarian outfit also accumulated significantly more passes, fashioning 700 to City's 535.
|Possession (%)||Total Passes|
3) Jesus Navas and Arjen Robben emerged as the most creative player in this tie, both fashioning two key passes for their respective sides. Navas completed 92.5% of his 67 passes, while Robben found success in 88.6% of his 70.
|Team||Key Passes||Pass Accuracy (%)|
|Jesús Navas||Man City||2||93%|
4) Xabi Alonso recorded more touches of the ball (121) than any other player in this match, while he also played the most passes (105), completing 87.6% of his attempts to find a team-mate.
|Team||Touches||Total Passes||Pass Accuracy (%)|
5) Man City's last two wins in the Champions League have both been 3-2 victories over Bayern Munich.