All the latest news, views and transfer rumours from Anfield...
Rodgers says no new signings will be made
Liverpool's 3-1 defeat to Crystal Palace has piled the misery on manager Brendan Rodgers, with many highlighting his poor record in the transfer market, particularly this summer - and it may actually be a relief to Reds fans after Rodgers said there were no plans to make additions in January, preferring to stick with the current squad.
"It (buying new players) is not something I am looking at," said Rodgers ahead of Liverpool's crucial Champions League tie with Ludogorets. "After the weekend, the focus was not to dwell on that. We have to learn from that and try and get a result here."
"I just need to get us back to a level of confidence that allows you to perform. Losing can be the making of you. You learn from it. That is what we are aiming to do," he added.
Lambert shifts the blame
The pressure is mounting on Rodgers, but one of his summer signings has defended him, as Rickie Lambert says that the players are to blame for their recent poor form, despite Rodgers saying that he faces the sack based on performances this season.
"Most of the players know what the gaffer said. It is full credit that Brendan said that but it was totally down to the players," he said. "They are desperate to get the game under way and try to rectify our performance at the weekend.
"First and foremost we are focusing on our performance," he added. "Win or lose we have to put in a performance of the standard of a Liverpool team."
Balotelli ruled out
Liverpool have to beat Bulgarian side Ludogorets on Wednesday, given that they are considered as relative minnows of Champions League football.
Yet Liverpool have already been handed something of a blow, with striker Mario Balotelli ruled out of the game with a groin injury.
With just two goals to his name so far, Balotelli has struggled to replace Luis Suarez, and it seems that Lambert will once again be handed the chance to shine.