Fraser Forster's error gifted Gabby Agbonlahor the opener as Southampton were held to a 1-1 draw at Aston Villa.
Nonetheless, Nathaniel Clyne rescued a point for the visitors, smashing in a late leveler just as Paul Lambert's were ready to clinch a first win in eight games.
Here at the top five statistics from Monday's encounter:
1) Southampton have now scored 24 league goals this season, as many as Manchester City. Only Jose Mourinho's Chelsea have scored more (30).
2) Morgan Schneiderlin completed more passes (73) and won more aerial duels (4) than any other player involved yesterday night.
|Team||Total Pass||Aerial Won|
3) Nathaniel Clyne has scored two goals in 12 PL apps this season, after managing only one in 59 PL apps before 2014-15. He hit the target from one of his two attempts versus Villa.
|Team||Goals||On Target Shooting Accuracy|
4) Dusan Tadic emerged as the most creative player in this tie. The Serbain midfielder fashioned four key passes for the Saints, as well as playing a further 13 crosses - five of which were accurate.
|Team||Total Att Assist|
|Tom Cleverley||Aston Villa||2|
5) Gabriel Agbonlahor's first half goal ended a run of 439 minutes without conceding in the Premier League for Southampton.The Englishman now has three goals to his name this season, one short of his final tally last term.