Tottenham Hotspur forward Harry Kane has spoken following his brace for England’s under-21s against their French counterparts on Monday.
The 21-year-old continued his fine scoring form, adding to the 10 strikes he has managed for Tottenham so far this season. But it was not enough to prevent Gareth Southgate’s men from losing 3-2 in Brest.
It was the under-21s’ first defeat in 13 matches and will come as a bitter blow after they built up what appeared to be a healthy lead.
Speaking to the FA’s official website, the Spurs man said, “It’s good to get on the score-sheet again but as a collective we’re disappointed that we’ve lost the game after going 2-0 up.”
Kane then looked ahead to domestic matters, with Tottenham needing to turn things round quickly following the international break.
Mauricio Pochettino’s side have shown some worrying form in recent weeks, and they are currently 12th in the Premier League going into the weekend encounter against Hull City. But Kane will be hoping he can remain in his manager’s starting plans and add to what is already a healthy tally.
“It’s back to our clubs now and there’s a lot of games to come over the Christmas and new year period,” Kane said.
“It was good to come away here and get a couple more goals, to get your confidence high and keep the run going. Hopefully I can take that back to my club form in the games we’ve got coming up.”
Tottenham have some tough matches on the horizon, including a visit to league leaders Chelsea at the start of next month; but in Kane they have a player in form and raring to go.