An international defender has been linked with Leeds United so what do their fans need to know about him?
Leeds United have been linked with a move for Slovenia centre-back Gregor Balazic.
The Daily Star claims Leeds could still target the defender despite the departure of his countryman Darko Milanic last month.
The report goes on to claim that Leeds, Queens Park Rangers and Crystal Palace are in a three-way fight for the player’s services. So for those Leeds fans eager to know more about the player, here are five facts to get you started:
1) Balazic was born in the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia in February 1988. He began his youth career at Mura – where he would later make his senior debut.
2) The centre-back’s breakthrough came at Slovenian football club Gorica where he would make 87 appearances before moving on to Karpaty Lviv.
3) To date the 26-year-old has made 89 appearances for the club, including 13 so far this season.
4) A goal-scoring defender, he has netted four goals already in this campaign and could be a real threat from set-pieces if Leeds do ultimately make a move.
5) Balazic has been capped just once for Slovenia and prior to that he made 16 appearances for his country’s under-21 side.