Reports in the last 24 hours have suggested that Manchester United have a new player on their radar in the form of Douglas Coutinho.
The striker’s agent has made comments that have set the internet buzzing, suggesting he is heading to England in due course to discuss whether or not United’s alleged interest is official.
In truth United’s need for a new striker is minimal and it could simply be a case of an agent drumming up interest in his client, but there could be more to it than that. So for those United fans eager to know about the latest player to be linked with them, here are five facts to get you started:
1) Douglas Coutinho Gomes de Souza was born in Brazil in February 1994. He began his youth career at Cruzeiro in 2008 and would later move to Atletico Paranaense.
2) He made his senior debut for Atletico in 2013 and to date he has scored 19 goals in 64 games for the club at all levels.
3) The 20-year-old is predominantly a central striker although he can operate on either flank if required.
4) The reported United target has been capped once for Brazil’s under-23 side but that is his only taste of international football to date.
5) He has featured five times in the Copa Libertadores so far but has not not scored in 314 minutes of football so he is very much a work-in-progress.