Enjoy new tracks, characters and racers for Wii U’s Mario Kart racer
The first new Mario Kart 8 DLC is now available for the game bringing bundles of new content.
If you have already pre-purchased the DLC you’ll be notified on start-up that the pack is ready with a prompt to download it.
Coming in the the first DLC pack for the game will be eight new tracks, four new racers and three brand new characters.
The tracks available draw from previous Mario Kart outings as well as bringing in some brand new courses, some of which are inspired by existing Nintendo titles:
- Yoshi Circuit - A retro track from Mario Kart Double Dash
- Excitebike Arena - An original, randomly generated track based on the NES game Excitebike
- Dragon Driftway - An original track set on the back of a dragon's tail
- Mute City - An original track based on SNES game F-Zero
- Wario's Gold Mine - A retro track from Mario Kart Wii
- Rainbow Road - A retro track from Super Mario Kart
- Ice Ice Outpost - An original track with two intersecting strips of road
- Hyrule Circuit - An original track based on The Legend Of Zelda
The four new vehicles on offer are:
- Blue Falcon - From F-Zero
- Master Cycle - A Zelda-themed motorbike recalling Epona
- Tanooki Kart - A jeep based on Mario's Tanooki suit
- B-Dasher - From Mario Kart DS
And the three new playable characters from Nintendo days of old are:
- Link - From The Legend Of Zelda
- Tanooki Mario - From Super Mario Bros 3
- Cat Peach - From New Super Mario World
The DLC weighs in at just under a gigabyte so if you’ve not enough space you will have the option to go to the Wii U Data Management page to delete unwanted content to make room.
Two more DLC packs are planned for Mario Kart 8, with next arriving in May. Packs can be purchased at £7 ($7.99) each or can be pre=purchased at a bundle price of £11 ($11.99|)