Manchester United look like they are on the verge of making an unexpected signing in the form of Canada youth international Josh Doughty.
The player himself confirmed on Twitter that he was having a medical in England ahead of a proposed move and reports are now beginning to suggest that the player could be the latest to arrive at Old Trafford; a rumour that has only increased with Doughty himself claiming he is a United player on his Twitter bio.
For those fans eager to know a little more about him, here are five facts to get you started:
1) Doughty is a 17-year-old midfielder who most recently played for Real Salt Lake Academy.
2) Most regularly used in the centre of the field, Doughty can also play on the wing if required.
3) The player’s international allegiance has yet to be decided, with the Canadian-born youngster quoted by OWhenTheYanks as saying, “I can play for Canada, England and hopefully will be eligible for the USA soon.”
4) The player was born to British parents in Canada but has lived in the USA since the age of four.
5) The teenager turns 18 in April and is expected to feature predominantly for United’s Academy and under-21 sides.