Lampard's agent shoots down reports of Manchester City loan extension

Lampard

Frank Lampard's agent has rubbished reports that the midfielder will delay his MLS debut for New York City FC in order to see out the Premier League campaign at Manchester City.

The agent for New York City FC’s Frank Lampard has rubbished reports that the midfielder will extend his loan with sister club Manchester City until next summer and miss the start of the 2015 Major League Soccer season.

The Daily Express claimed on Monday that Lampard’s existing deal with City had already been extended through to the end of the Premier League campaign, but agent Steve Kutner told the New York Daily News merely hours later that such terms were ‘not even discussed.’

Lampard signed for MLS expansion side NYCFC this summer after his Chelsea contract expired, but made the temporary switch to the Etihad Stadium as the club won’t begin their inaugural season until next March.

While his loan arrangement is set to end on January 1, talk of City wanting to keep the 36-year-old in Manchester for longer has been rampant since a run of four goals in three games in late-September saw him win the club’s player of the month award.

With NYCFC intent on having their star signing around for their first-ever pre-season, some reports have claimed that the US outfit could hold part of their preparations at City’s new £200 million training complex, allowing Lampard to both train with his new teammates and continue to turn out for the Blues for the first month of 2015.

The ex-England international has said he’s unaware of such developments, however, telling the club’s official website: ‘All I can say is how much I'm enjoying it at City.

‘I'm contracted here until the end of December, and my future will be at New York City at some stage.

‘All I can do now is go week by week and play as well as I can when I am playing to bring a good contribution.’

Register for MANCHESTER CITY team updates

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch