Manchester City held on to win the bragging rights in their local derby as Sergio Aguero's 10th league goal of the season proved to be the difference at the Etihad Stadium.
Here are the top five statistics from Sunday's fiery encounter:
1) Manchester City are only the second team in PL history (after Liverpool) to win four consecutive games against Manchester United. City have now won 6 of the last 7 Manchester derbies in the Premier League, scoring 19 goals in the process.
2) Sergio Aguero has now scored 11 goals in his last 12 Premier League appearances. He has now scored more goals (10) than any other player in the English top flight this season, averaging a goal every 70.2 minutes.
|Team||Season||Goals||Minutes per Goal||Appearances|
|Sergio Agüero||Man City||2014-2015||10||70.2||10|
3) Yaya Toure recorded more touches of the ball (81) than any other player in this match, while he also played the most passes (72), completing an impressive 93.1% of his attempts to find a team-mate.
|Match||Total Passes||Accurate Passes||Passing Accuracy||Touches||Mins Played|
|Yaya Touré||Man City vs Man Utd||72||67||93%||83||90|
4) Manuel Pellegrini's City had 52% possession to United's 48%, which is remarkable given that United only had ten men for almost an hour.
5) This is Manchester United's worst start in the league since 1986, when they took just 8 points from their opening 10 games. The Red Devils sit in ninth place, with just 13 points.