Manchester City's title ambitions suffered a setback as West Ham United earned a well-deserved victory at the Boleyn Ground on Saturday.
West Ham United held on to beat Premier League champions Manchester City in a thrilling contest at the Boleyn Ground on Saturday afternoon.
Morgan Amalfitano and Diafra Sakho put the home side two goals to the good before David Silva set up a exciting finale with a late strike for the visitors.
Here are the top five statistics from yesterday's encounter:
1) Diafra Sakho is the first West Ham player in the history of the Premier League to score in six successive matches. He has now scored at least twice as many headed goals (four) than any other player this season.
|Team||Goals||Total Shots||Shot Conversion (%)||Mins|
|Diafra Sakho||West Ham||1||4||25.00||89|
2) West Ham have now scored in eight successive English top-flight games; their best run in the competition since November 2009. This is the first time the Hammers have defeated Manchester City in the Premier League for the first time since March of the same year.
3) Vincent Kompany & Eliaquim Mangala won just three tackles between them yesterday, committing six fouls in the process. Alex Song conceded more fouls than any other West Ham player, forcing the referee to stop play on five occasions.
|Team||Total Tackle||Won Tackle||Fouls||Mins|
|Eliaquim Mangala||Man City||4||3||0||90|
|Alexandre Song||West Ham||3||3||5||90|
|Vincent Kompany||Man City||0||0||6||90|
4) Yaya Toure recorded more touches of the ball (113) than any other player in this match; he also played more passes (96), completing 88.5% of his attempts to find a team-mate. The Ivorian midfielder has attempted more passes than any other player in the Premier League this season
|Team||Total Passes||Accurate Passes||Passing Accuracy (%)||Touches||Mins|
|Yaya Touré||Man City||96||85||88.54||113||90|
5) Stewart Downing has now created more chances in the Premier League this season (26) than any other player. The former England international played one key pass against City.