Here are the top five statistics from yesterday's encounter between Liverpool and Hull City:
1) Mario Balotelli has now failed to scored a goal with his last 32 shots in the league (8 in Serie A & 24 in the EPL). He has had more attempts per game than any other player in the Premier League this term, bar Sergio Aguero.
|Team||Total Shots per App||Shot Accuracy (%)||Mins|
2) The Italian striker has received more yellow cards (2) than he has scored goals (0) in the top flight. He had just two attempts against Hull, hitting the target on one occasion.
3) Javier Manquillo won 3 tackles versus Hull yesterday, the same number as Glen Johnson has won all season. The Spaniard won more challenges than any other Liverpool player in this match, taking his season tally to 17; the second-most in the squad.
|Team||Total Tackles||Tackles Won||Apps||Mins|
4) With this result, Brendan Rodgers' side kept only their second clean sheet of the season. In a game of very few chances, the Reds' shaky back line was rarely troubled.
5) Steven Gerrard recorded more touches of the ball (102) than any other player in this match, while he also played the joint-most passes (75), completing 89.3% of his attempts to find a team-mate. The Englishman also fashioned four goal-scoring opportunities.