Arsene Wenger's side have now recorded three wins this season, with this latest victory moving them into fifth place, eight points behind league leaders Chelsea.
Gus Poyet's Sunderland headed into this fixture off the back of an 8-0 hammering at the hands of Southampton and another two lapses at the back proved responsible for their third league defeat of the campaign.
Here are the top five statistics from yesterday's encounter:
1) Alexis Sanchez has been directly involved in 58.3% of the 12 Premier League goals Arsenal have scored this season when he's played (5 goals/2 assists). The Chilean forward scored twice in this tie, converting 40% of his chances.
|Team||Goals||Total Shots||Conversion Rate (%)||Mins|
2) Arsenal have now scored 1500 goals in the Premier League; Man United are the only other side to reach that number.
3) Despite playing away from home, the Gunners maintained the lion's share of possession in this victory. They also fashioned the greater number of chances, totalling 15 attempts, to Sunderland's 11.
|Possession Percentage||Total Scoring Att|
4) Vito Mannone has now made 3 errors leading to goals in the Premier League this season, more than any other player. All three errors have come in the club's past two fixtures.
|Team||Pos||Error Leading To Goal||Apps||Mins|
|Jonas Olsson||West Brom||DF||2||4||360|
5) Alexis Sanchez recorded more touches of the ball (98) than any other player in this match, while Arteta played the most passes (84), completing 89.3% of his attempts to find a team-mate.