Arsenal left it late to stage a dramatic comeback against Anderlecht on Wednesday night as they maintained their hopes of progression to the Champions League knock-out phase.
The Gunners were heading for a shock loss after Andy Najar opened the scoring for the home side in the 71st minute but a Kieran Gibbs equaliser and a last minute Lukas Podolski strike completed a dramatic turnaround. It may have been a lethargic display from the north London side - but it is the result that counts.
Here are the top five statistics from the encounter:
1) Five of Arsenal's last six Champions League away wins have been by a single goal.
2) Kieran Gibbs equalled the highest total of tackles made in a Champions League match this season versus Anderlecht. The England international recorded nine challenges, six of which were successful.
|Álvaro Arbeloa||Liverpool vs Madrid||03||Madrid||DF||9||90|
|Kieran Gibbs||Anderlecht vs Arsenal||03||Arsenal||DF||9||90|
|Jérémy Toulalan||Zenit vs||02||Monaco||MF||9||90|
|Roberto Hilbert||Bayer 04 vs Benfica||02||Bayer 04||DF||8||90|
3) Lukas Podolski has scored eight goals in his last 10 Champions League appearances, including six in nine for Arsenal. Having arrived as a substitute in the 83rd minute against Anderlecht, he buried his one and only attempt of the match.
|Team||Total Shots||Conversion Rate||Mins|
4) The Gunners maintained an impressive 64% of the possession against their Belgian outfit, while the club's two goals came from their final two shots of the game. Pressure.
5) Arsenal have now kept only one clean sheet in their last 10 games in all competitions - during their 3-0 win against Aston Villa in the Premier League.