Liverpool defender Alberto Moreno insists that a move to upcoming Champions League opponents Real Madrid this summer was never an option.
Moreno, 22, was linked with a switch from Sevilla to the European champions earlier this summer, before sealing a £12 million transfer to Anfield in August, following several weeks of negotiations.
|2014-15 Premier League||Goals||Assists||Total Pass / apps||Pass Acc||Total Cross / apps||Cross Acc||Total Tackle / apps||Total Clearance / apps||Apps||Mins|
Going on to establish himself as the side’s first-choice left-back over fellow Spaniard Jose Enrique, the three-times capped international is now looking forward to taking on the La Liga giants in Wednesday’s Group B clash at Anfield, after being rested for the 3-2 victory at Queens Park Rangers on the weekend.
‘I knew that Liverpool wanted me but there were nothing from Real Madrid. There were many stories on the press but everything was false,’ he told IBTimes UK.
‘This is a special game. Every player and every fan wants to be involve in this games. I am looking forward to it. The manager told me he wanted me to rest [for the QPR game] and I hope to be in the line-up.
‘I hope that at Anfield and with the supporters' help Liverpool can improve [from the QPR game].’