Here are the top five statistics from the weekend encounter:
1) Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has scored at a rate of one goal every 108 mins in the Premier League, the best rate in the competition's history. He has now scored 61 goals in only 95 English top flight appearances.
2) Almost a quarter of the penalties awarded in the Premier League this season (4/17) came in yesterday's action at the Etihad - 24%. No team has conceded more penalties in the Premier League this season than Spurs (level with Manchester United).
3) Only two Manchester City players have ever scored four goals in a single league game. Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko - both against Spurs.
4) Manchester City have scored 22.3% of the 66 goals Tottenham have conceded in the Premier League since the start of last season.
5) Sergio Aguero is now Manchester City's all-time leading scorer in the Premier League with 61 goals (Carlos Tevez next on 58).