Liverpool morning news, Johnson linked with Napoli move, Sterling's return to Melwood

Glen Johnson

A selection of the latest stories involving Liverpool Football Club this Wednesday morning.

Liverpool right-back Glen Johnson is the subject of interest from Napoli according to the Daily Mirror.

The 30-year-old is out of contract in the summer and could be subject to an offer from former manager Rafa Benitez in Serie A in January. 

Johnson is the latest player to have been linked with a move to Napoli having previously worked under Benitez at Liverpool. There have been strong links for midfielder Lucas Leiva in the past, and Daniel Agger prior to his move to Brondby in the summer.

Raheem Sterling's return to Melwood has caught the attention of the Daily Mail after the international break.

Sterling was the centre of attention for a few days after England manager Roy Hodgson revealed he was tired, and rested him for England's qualifier with Estonia in Tallinn as a result.

The fallout has been pretty extensive with Hodgson questioning the need to give players like Sterling two days recovery after a game. 

Luis Suarez has said he doesn't think Liverpool will have done as well as they did last season where it not for his 31 goals, which helped the Reds to within two points of the Premier League title.

Several sources have picked up on quotes from the now Barcelona striker, where he said: "I really could leave happy because if I hadn't had the attitude and mentality to lead the team, I don't think Liverpool would have done as well as they did. Getting back into the Champions League was another target I had in mind."

Register for LIVERPOOL team updates

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch