Sunderland are believed to be interested in a deal to sign free agent right back Anthony Reveillere after the Frenchman left Napoli this summer.
At 34, Reveillere is a vastly experienced defender who could sign for the Black Cats in the coming days, with speculation suggesting that manager Gust Poyet held talks with him today.
The Black Cats signed Billy Jones from West Brom this summer, but it's largely been centre back Santiago Vergini filling in at right back this season, leading to Poyet wanting more cover there.
Reveillere is far from a household name in English football, and with that in mind, here are five facts about the potential arrival on Wearside.
1. Reveillere started his career with SO Vihiers, before moving on to Angers at the age of 12, leaving five years later for a move to Rennes.
2. He went on to establish himself as a key player at the Stade de la Route de Lorient, making almost 150 appearances for the club before being loaned to Valencia for the second half of the 2003 season.
3. The Spanish giants didn't exercise a permanent deal, which left Reveillere to join to Lyon, where he spent ten years, playing almost 300 games as the club enjoyed the best spell in their history, winning Ligue 1 in five successive seasons.
4. It was whilst he was at the Stade Gerland that Reveillere earned international honours, playing against Israel in a Euro 2004 qualifier, and he has earned 20 caps for his country, including playing at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and Euro 2012.
5. Reveillere left Lyon in the summer of 2013, but only joined Napoli in November as Rafael Benitez needed cover at right back, and it seems the same thing could be happening for him again.