Tottenham Hotspur have been linked with yet another forward, so what do you need to know about him?
The midfielder’s current contract expires in the summer of 2015, and the player himself recently admitted that he could move on rather than sign a new deal.
With claims Spurs could make a move, here are five facts for those fans eager to know more about their latest reported target:
1) Giovinco was born in Italy in 1987. He began his youth career with Juventus in 1996 and began his senior career with the club 10 years later.
2) Primarily a secondary striker, the 27-year-old can also play as a left-winger or an attacking midfielder.
3) The player has enjoyed loan spells at Parma and Empoli, with his most prolific spell during his time at the former, where he netted 23 goals and set up a further 22 in 70 appearances.
4) Giovinco has played 123 times for Juventus, scoring 18 goals and providing 22 assists in that time, but his record at Parma proves he can be effective in front of goal on a regular basis if played consistently.
5) The reported Tottenham target has represented Italy at every level from under-16 to the senior side. He has made 19 appearances for the Azzurri, scoring once in that time.