A selection of the latest stories involving Liverpool Football Club this Wednesday morning.
Details rarely emerge of the deal prior to it being signed but the Echo has reported that Henderson will be offered a new five-year deal which the 24-year-old will seemingly have no problem signing. The deal is said to be reflect his growing influence on the side, having recently been appointed vice-captain, as well as becoming one of the first names on the teamsheet.
Henderson said: “I am enjoying my football, I love this club and I want to be here for many years so that shouldn’t be an issue.
“I’ll let my agent sort that out, it’s nothing to do with me.”
There are fresh claims surrounding the future of Suso who has been strongly linked with a move to Serie A giants AC Milan ever since the transfer window closed in the summer.
Manager Brendan Rodgers suggested a couple of weeks ago that Liverpool were trying to agree a new contract with the talented Spaniard but Italian expert Gianluca DiMarzio claims that a deal to take him to the San Siro is edging closer, though it isn't a done deal just yet.
The Italian arrived for £16 million this summer, with some questioning whether he has the attitude to succeed at Liverpool. So far he has only found the net once as he, along with the side collectively, has struggled to make a mark this season.
Case told the Daily Mirror: “If anyone can bring out the best in Balotelli, it’s Brendan Rodgers. He has that gift for getting inside people’s minds – look at the way he brought out the best in Suarez last season – and it’s early days in Mario’s Liverpool career yet.