Tottenham skipper Younes Kaboul has had an impressive start to the new season, but has answered questions over his injuries and contract situation.
Tottenham Hotspur secured three points against Southampton on Sunday, with the win taking them to sixth place in the Premier League table as Mauricio Pochettino racks up 11 points from the first seven games of the campaign.
The Argentine had a fairly quiet summer since moving from Southampton to White Hart Lane; at least in comparison to Andre Villas-Boas a year ago, anyway. There was no spending spree, as Pochettino preferred to make calculated, shrewd moves with the arrivals of Michel Vorm, Eric Dier, Federico Fazio, Ben Davies and Benjamin Stambouli - but he still had a big decision to make.
With the sale of Michael Dawson to Hull, Spurs had sold their captain and needed to appoint someone to wear the armband this season and beyond. The likes of Hugo Lloris and Jan Vertonghen had been suggested, but it was Younes Kaboul who was the surprise choice.
The Frenchman initially joined Spurs from Auxerre back in 2007, but spent just one season at White Hart Lane before being sold to Portsmouth. Under Harry Redknapp at Fratton Park, Kaboul impressed and with Pompey strapped for cash, Kaboul reunited with Redknapp at Spurs once again.
He hasn't been the first choice for Spurs by any stretch of the imagination, but a laarge part of that has been down to a number of injuries he's suffered. After a great start to the season, Kaboul says that his injury woes are now behind him, with a number of Tottenham fans worrying, almost waiting for him to suffer a knock and halt his early momentum.
"That is finished, look at me on the pitch," he said. "I want to end all the speculation about all of my injuries. You know, for a professional footballer, you need a full pre-season. If a player goes through all of a full pre-season over nearly two months, he should be fine.
"You always can have these little injuries, that is normal, but physically you feel much better. This is the first time I’ve had a pre-season for three years so I had no injury, I am fully fit and feel very good," added the 28-year-old.
However, injuries aren't the only concern Spurs fans have over Kaboul - they also had some question marks over his contract status. Some reports have suggested that Kaboul would be out of contract in June 2015, giving him just months left on his deal - however, the centre back says that isn't the case, and his current contract runs until 2016.
"I still have until June 2016 and I am very happy at Spurs," said Kaboul.