Here are the top five statistics from City's weekend encounter:
1) Yesterday was the first time in 51 league games in which Manchester City have failed to hit the target in the first half. This last happened in the club's 1-0 victory over Wigan Athletic at the Etihad on the 17th April, 2013.
2) Yaya Toure's goal yesterday was his first in 617 Premier League minutes. His last also came against Aston Villa. He has now scored in his last three top-flight games against Paul Lambert's side.
3) The Ivorian completed an impressive 128 passes against the Villans; 44 more than any other player on the pitch. He also registered an incredible 150 touches; again, a superior total to any other player involved.
4) Sergio Aguero has scored a goal once every 88.4 minutes in the Premier League this season. The Argentine striker had six shots yesterday, the same number as the entire Aston Villa team combined.
5) Making his return from injury, Christian Benteke completed more passes (five) in his first 10 minutes of action than Andreas Weimann managed (three) in his 61 minutes.