West Ham star Sakho nearly burned down his apartment making a cup of tea

West Ham Tube Sign

West Ham's Diafra Sakho caused an emergency in midweek.

West Ham's 'on-fire' striker Diafra Sakho has taken the term all too literally.

The summer signing from Metz is having no problem settling in on the pitch, but is still having teething trouble off it.

Hammers vice-chairman Karren Brady has revealed how Sakho nearly burned down his apartment, all by his haphazard methods of making tea.

She told The Sun: "The striker has had a fire in his apartment which causes damage and an evacuation. Everyone in the block, including three other Hammers are unhurt.

"Apparently, he did all this making a cuppa by boiling water on his stove while he had a shower. I've bought him an electric kettle."

The forward is not the only Premier League star to create such headlines. When Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli was at Manchester City, he almost burned his apartment down by setting off fireworks from it's balcony.

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch