Newcastle are yet to win in the league this season, taking three points from their six games and lying above bottom club Burnley only on goals scored.
Here's are the top five most revealing statistics from the club's dire start to the 2014/15 campaign:
1) No team has missed more clear-cut goalscoring chances in the Premier League this season than Newcastle (eight). The club have scored only one top flight goal in their last 11 hours and 15 minutes of action away from home - a Martin Skrtel own goal.
2) Newcastle have won just 19 points out of a possible 75 on offer in the Premier League under Alan Pardew in 2014. The club's form during this spell is as follows: LLWDLLLWWLWLLLLLLWLLDDLDL. They have picked up just 19 points from 26 matches since Boxing Day.
3) In the 22 Premier League games since Newcastle sold Yohan Cabaye, the club has failed to score on 14 occasions. The Frenchman joined the Ligue 1 outfit for an impressive £19 million in January and Pardew's side have struggled for results ever since.
4) Newcastle haven't won whilst trailing at half-time for eight years now, yet playing against a Stoke team who had failed to score a home goal all season, until yesterday evening, the Toon army would have expected to have travel back to Tyneside with at least a point.
5) The club's three points from six games is their worst start to a Premier League season since 2003/04.