Monolith Productions' Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor launches worldwide on PC tomorrow, and on PS4 and Xbox One in the US. Europe will get the game on PS4 and Xbox One on Friday, so the devs have treated us to a trailer showing what's inside the Season Pass.
The Season Pass adds new story missions, challenge modes, runes and more, priced at £19.99. One of the extra missions evens let's you battle the Dark Lord Sauron himself.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor's story is set between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. Players take on the role of Talion, a Ranger who's been resurrected by an Elven wraith. The game's Nemesis system is a unique gameplay mechanic which procedurally generates all the enemies players encounter in the world, meaning no two playthroughs are the same.
The Season Pass content includes:
New Story Missions, Including:
- ‘Guardians of the Flaming Eye’ Orc Warband Mission: Face Sauron’s elite Defenders before the Black Gate and earn the Rising Flame rune
- ‘Lord of the Hunt’ Story Mission: Players will gain new skills and earn unique epic runes as they hunt and tame legendary monsters of Mordor
- ‘The Bright Lord’ Story Mission: Play as Celebrimbor, the great Elven king of the Second Age, and face Sauron and the might of his forces
Early access to the Trials of War, including:
- Test of Speed Challenge Mode: You can demonstrate your efficiency in battle and earn high scores for Talion’s speed in defeating your foes
- Test of Wisdom Challenge Mode: You can prove your strategic abilities, through earning points for skill, speed and efficiency
- Endless Challenge Mode: This mode will continually spawn new legions of enemies. The Runes that you will earn will provide powerful upgrades
Access to future content
- Including runes, skins and additional add-on content
The Season Pass trailer below gives a look at some of the above extra content.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is due for release for PC on 30th September. The PS4 and Xbox One release is due on 30th September in the US, and in Europe on 3rd October. PS3 and Xbox 360 owners will receive the game on 18th November in the US and 21st November in Europe.
Our review of the game will be posted on the site in the coming week, so keep a look out.