According to reports emanating from Italy, Manchester United could make a move for Juventus defender Angelo Ogbonna in January.
For a fee of around £12million, Louis van Gaal could allegedly tempt the Italian side into business, although the player is also said to be attracting interest from Premier League rivals Arsenal.
There is little doubt United need to strengthen their back-line and Ogbonna would certainly do that, so for those fans wanting to know more about the player, here are five facts to get you started:
1) Ogbonna was born in Italy in May 1988. He began his youth career at Torino in 2002 and was promoted to their first-team four years later.
2) He ultimately played 160 times for Torino before moving to Juventus in 2013 for an initial €13million. He has gone on to feature 30 times for the current Serie A champions.
3) Predominantly a centre-back, the 26-year-old can also operate as a left-back if required, although that is one area of the field that United did not currently need to strengthen given the presence of both Luke Shaw and Marcos Rojo.
4) Ogbonna has been capped nine times for Italy and has won an additional nine caps for his country’s under-21 side.
5) Far from a regular goal-scorer, the defender has netted just once in his senior career to date, but his power and experience would be invaluable if United could tempt Juventus into doing business for a player whose contract does not expire until the summer of 2018.