Here are the top five statistics from the weekend encounter:
1) Phil Jagielka has scored a Premier League goal for the first time since April 2013, versus Tottenham. The Englishman became the first defender to score from outside the box in the Premier League since Crystal Palace's Damien Delaney versus Liverpool in May.
2) Steven Gerrard scored his 113th goal in Premier League history, drawing level with former Arsenal centre-forward Ian Wright. 17 of the Liverpool skipper’s last 18 Premier League goals have been penalties or direct free-kicks.
3) Jordan Henderson recorded more touches of the ball (80) than any other player in this match. He also played more passes (65), completing 91% of his attempts to find a team-mate.
4) Liverpool’s Mario Balotelli had more shots versus Everton on Saturday (10) than successful passes (9). He came close to scoring his maiden league goal for the club, only to be denied by Everton’s Tim Howard.
5) In his last 20 Premier League appearances, Mario Balotelli has hit 63 shots but scored just one goal. He had more attempts versus Everton than the entire opposition combined.