In the latest blog update from Bethesda Softworks they've outlined the system requirements to run the game on your PC rig, and also detailed the space you'll need on your hard drive depending on what system you're using.
There's no minimum specs listed for the game, Bethesda said: 'Note: We do not have a list of minimum requirements for the game. If you’re trying to play with a rig with settings below these requirements (you should plan to have 4 GBs of VRAM regardless), we cannot guarantee optimal performance.'
Here's the recommended PC specs:
Recommended PC System Specifications
- 64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8
- i7 with four plus cores
- 4 GBs RAM
- 50 GB of hard drive space*
- GeForce GTX 670 or equivalent with 4GBs of VRAM
- High Speed Internet Connection
- Steam account and activation
*It’s worth noting that the 50 GB of space required is for the PC install. When the installation is complete, the game will take up ~41 GB of HDD space.
The console hard drive installs wiil take up the following space:
- Xbox One — 40 GB HDD Space
- PlayStation 4 — 40 GB HDD Space
- PlayStation 3 — 7 GB HDD Space
- Xbox 360 — 7 GB
- Note: The Evil Within requires a mandatory install to the Xbox 360’s HDD or a USB 2.0 (or higher) flash drive.
The devs released a behind the scenes interview series with the game's director Shinji Mikami and producer Masato Kimura the other day, so if you want to hear how the Resident Evil creator approached this new title you should definitely check it out.