Manchester City debutant scored on his debut for the club.
Manchester City teenager Jose Angel Pozo marked his debut for the club with a goal in the 7-0 League Cup win over Sheffield Wednesday.
Pozo scored his side's sixth, in the 88th minute, with goals coming elsewhere through Yaya Toure, Frank Lampard (2), Eden Dzeko (2) and Jesus Navas.
88. Dream debut goal for Jose Angel Pozo who steers home confidently following Navas' cut back! City 6-0 Sheff Wed— Manchester City FC (@MCFC) September 24, 2014
Here are five facts about the attacker which we ran earlier today:
1) Jose Angel Pozo la Rosa was born in Malaga in March 1996. He is predominantly a secondary striker, although he can also operate on either wing if required.
2) The Spaniard signed for City from Real Madrid in 2012, and he would go on to be nominated for the club’s Academy Player of the Year award in his first full season in Manchester.
3) Injuries have robbed Pozo of the chance to really make a name for himself at the club so far, with last season in particular being one to forget for the teenager, who made just nine appearances in that time.
4) That said, the 18-year-old has featured 20 times for City’s under-21 side to date, scoring six goals and providing four assists in that time. He has also scored two goals in five UEFA Youth League appearances.
5) Pozo has been capped for Spain at under-16, under-17 and under-18 level. He scored three goals in eight under-17 appearances but is yet to score for the higher age group since making his debut in February of this year.