Manchester City take on Sheffield Wednesday in the Capital One Cup on Wednesday evening, and there have been suggestions that Manuel Pellegrini will gave a chance to teenage forward Jose Angel Pozo.
Even if Pozo does not feature for the Blues in this particular match, he is being tipped to have a bright future at the Etihad Stadium, so for those fans wanting to know more about the player, here are five facts to get you started:
1) Jose Angel Pozo la Rosa was born in Malaga in March 1996. He is predominantly a secondary striker, although he can also operate on either wing if required.
2) The Spaniard signed for City from Real Madrid in 2012, and he would go on to be nominated for the club’s Academy Player of the Year award in his first full season in Manchester.
3) Injuries have robbed Pozo of the chance to really make a name for himself at the club so far, with last season in particular being one to forget for the teenager, who made just nine appearances in that time.
4) That said, the 18-year-old has featured 20 times for City’s under-21 side to date, scoring six goals and providing four assists in that time. He has also scored two goals in five UEFA Youth League appearances.
5) Pozo has been capped for Spain at under-16, under-17 and under-18 level. He scored three goals in eight under-17 appearances but is yet to score for the higher age group since making his debut in February of this year.