Premier League rivals warn QPR off January bid for Redknapp favourite

Peter Crouch Spurs

Stoke City manager Mark Hughes says QPR target Peter Crouch won't be leaving the Britannia Stadium despite Harry Redknapp's interest.

Stoke City faced QPR in the Premier League this weekend, with Niko Kranjcar rescuing a point for Rangers with a delightful free kick in the second half. Croatian international Kranjcar appears to be something of a favourite for QPR boss Harry Redknappy having also signed him for Portsmouth and Tottenham - and he isn't the only one that Redknapp has taken something of a shine to.

Striker Peter Crouch was also at Fratton Park and White Hart Lane alongside Redknapp and Kranjcar, and had been linked with a summer move to QPR - the club he joined in 2000 at the age of 19. With Loic Remy sold and only Eduardo Vargas brought in, QPR need attacking firepower in order to stay up, and Redknapp was believed to be interested in yet another reunion with the former England striker.

However, Stoke chose to keep the ex-Liverpool man, and they were rewarded after Crouch scored against QPR on Saturday - once again showing Redknapp why he's right to rate him. Rumours of a January move remain rife, but Potters boss Mark Hughes says Crouch wasn't for sale in the summer and won't be in the New Year either.

"I think there was an enquiry (from QPR in the summer) and the people asked if he was available and I said no, and that was as far as it went,'' said Hughes, whilst when the Welshman was asked whether he expects another bid from QPR in January, Hughes responded; "Possibly, I would imagine so, yes."

Hughes went on to say that QPR would be told the same message as the summer; Crouch is not for sale. The 33-year-old may be the apple of Redknapp's eye, but unless Stoke relent to QPR's interest or find a replacement, he won't be heading back to Loftus Road any time soon. 

Register for HITC Sport - Daily Dispatch