Uwe Rosler has a number of players looking to leave Wigan, but he is refusing to get rid of them on the cheap.
Having signed 10 players during the summer, with four arriving on deadline day, Rosler has confirmed that a number of former Latics stars will have to leave the club.
As well as the players yet to make an appearance, a number of wantaway stars have appeared for the Latics development squad, with Marc-Antoine Fortune, Roger Espinoza, Fraser Fyvie and Aaron Taylor-Sinclair all helping the Under-21’s to a 5-0 victory over Preston earlier this week.
With the loan window now open until November, Rosler is aware that he is capable of cutting down his large squad, although he is adamant that he will only allow players to leave upon his own terms.
Speaking to Wigan Today, Rosler said: “We have had phonecalls this week about our players.
“We played three over-age players in the Development Squad on Tuesday, and they did very well, they did themselves justice.
“I guess that will come, enquiries will come.
“But it’s important that players go out on our terms – not on the cheap.”
With the number of players brought in over the summer, Rosler has suffered selection headaches at various times this season, including on Tuesday night when he had to decide between Martyn Waghorn or James Mclean for the tie at Huddersfield.
“I had to make a tough call between Martyn and James McClean for the bench,” Rosler added.
“I was heartbroken when I told Martyn he wouldn’t be involved, because he didn’t deserve that.
“He’s worked so hard to put himself in the position to challenge, and he got his goal against Birmingham.
“But on Tuesday, for tactical reasons, because McClean can also play left wing-back, I went that way.
“James hadn’t trained or played much football this season and at some point we had to integrate him back into the squad.”
If clubs do move for a number of the Latics squad, not only will it take a portion of their wage bill off the books, but it will surely help Rosler decide his best 11 for every game.