Bayern Munich's scored a last-minute winner to deny Manchester City a point in their opening Champions League group match.
Here are the top five stats from City's heartfelt defeat:
1) Bayern Munich scored their 800th goal in European football tonight. Only Barcelona (981) and Real Madrid (1,000) have more in history. Jerome notched the deciding strike in the dying moments. His fierce shot took a slight deflection off Mario Gotze before flying past Joe Hart.
2) Manchester City recorded just 433 passes (84% completion rate), compared to the 603 of Bayern (87% completion rate). The English outfit also proved far inferior in terms of possession, having maintained a 42% share of the ball.
3) The German outfit attempted an impressive 20 shots against the Citizens, with Hart saving his side on multiple occasions. The England international made seven saves in total, remaining unbeaten until the 90th minute. He has only made more in a Champions League or Premier League match for City four times before (vs Dortmund, Bayern, Real Madrid and Spurs).
4) City's David Silva completed an outstanding 98% of his 49 passes. He misplaced just one of his attempts to find a team-mate all evening. At the halfway stage he hadn't put a foot wrong, while he had created four chances.
5) Bayern's last ten Premier League goals have come against English opposition. 1-0 Man City (H), 3-1 Man United (H), 1-1 Man United (A), 1-1 Arsenal (H), 0-2 Arsenal (A), 2-3 Man City (H).