Chelsea have reportedly struck a deal to sign Cristian Manea from Viitorul Constanta in January.
The report claims Chelsea have agreed a £2.3million deal for the defender, and that they plan on initially loaning him out following the completion of his move.
For those fans eager to know more about the player reportedly on the verge of a switch to Stamford Bridge, here are five facts to get you started:
1) Manea is a 17-year-old defender who operates predominantly as a right-back. However he can play as a centre-back if required and his versatility may be one of the reasons Chelsea are said to be interested.
2) Born in Romania in 1997, Manea began his youth career at Viitorul Constanta in 2010, before being promoted to the senior squad three years later.
3) The full-back has made 11 senior appearances for his club, including six so far this season.
4) He may only be a teenager, but he has already made his senior debut for his country, in May 2014. Prior to that Manea played for Romania at every level from under-16 to under-21. In short, the words ‘rapid rise’ are certainly apt in this case.
5) The youngest player ever to be capped by Romania, the possible future Chelsea player did so having played just five senior club games.